Pinellas County North County Phase 2B Reclaimed Water Distribution System
Jones Edmunds conducted the routing study, prepared the detailed design, and obtained permitting for 135,000 feet of transmission and distribution mains ranging from 4-inch to 16-inch diameters. The transmission and distribution mains provide reclaimed water service to over 2,200 properties, including 6,400 feet of 16-inch-diameter transmission main installed by open cut and horizontal directional drilling. The design was prepared in accordance with Pinellas County Utilities standards. Jones Edmunds prepared the plans, specifications, and permit applications in three separate bidding parts, including hydraulic modeling of the total Phase 2B and adjacent systems. Coordinating with other consulting engineers (under separate contract with the County) was required on adjacent tie-in locations. Jones Edmunds participated in public meetings with local concerned citizens. We also performed limited construction-phase services, including reviewing shop drawings and assisting the County as needed during construction and system start-up.
Jones Edmunds’ services:
- Designed 6.400 feet of 16-inch diameter transmission main installed by open cut and horizontal directional drilling
- Designed 135,000 feet of transmission and distribution mains ranging from 4-inch to 16-inch diameters
- Coordinating with FDOT for crossings and right-of-way
- Utility locates/pipe routing
- Ensuring maintenance of traffic
- Obtaining permitting
- Interfacing with consultants
- Designing adjacent phases
This project required coordination with multiple consultants chosen by the County on tie-in locations. This required designing to alleviate unacceptable pressures remaining from other portions of the project.