City of Plant City Sydney Road Reclaimed Water Main
Jones Edmunds designed and obtained permitting for a reclaimed water main and booster pump station to connect the City’s WRF to two private reclaimed water customers along the route and three service points to the Walden Lakes Community golf course.
The reclaimed water main installation includes:
- A booster pump station
- Two pond discharge stations
- Two pond-level monitoring stations
- Approximately 23,000 feet of 24-inch PVC transmission main
- 6-inch, 8-inch, and 12-inch PVC distribution mains
The reclaimed water main design includes:
- Two FDOT roadway crossings
- Two CSX track crossings
- Work in several City streets
The design for the pipeline includes several construction methods including:
- Jack and bore under the two CSX tracks
- Jack and bore under two highway crossings and one culvert
- Open cut and HDD in the other areas of the project
Permitting issues had significant impact on the overall project. Wetlands along the route required an ERP permit from SWFWMD and an EPC permit from Hillsborough County.
City personnel are performing the construction and therefore preparation of formal contract bid documents was not required. However, Jones Edmunds provided sewer plans and technical specifications.
The work is partially funded by grants from SWFWMD and FDEP.